Upcoming Films & Events
- Opening Night Film & PartyTuesday, October 18, 2016 - 7:00pm
Join us for a full-blown Hollywood event as we kick off the 2016 SCREAMFEST HORROR FILM FESTIVAL with the exclusive Los Angeles premiere of the twisted film TRASH FIRE by Richard Bates JR.
The Party following the screening will have it all and is included in with the purchase of this ticket. Enjoy bites and beverages at the TBA locale (within walking distance of the TCL Chinese 6 Theaters) so don't miss this event!
This ticket includes admission to the screening of TRASH FIRE on Tuesday Oct 18TH at 7PM. The party begins after the screening/Q&A till 1AM and includes entertainment, food and drink. Must be 21+ to attend.
Bring your smartphone Screamfest or Paypal receipt to the WILL CALL table located on the 3rd level to pick up tickets and a party band.10/18/2016 - 7:00pm
- Trash FireLos Angeles PremiereShowtime:Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 7:00pmRun Time:1 hour 33 minsCountry:USASynopsis:When Owen is forced to confront the past he's been running from his whole adult life, he and his girlfriend, Isabel, become entangled in a horrifying web of lies, deceit and murder. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll be scarred for life.Directed By:Richard Bates, Jr.Produced By:Lawrence Mattis, Matt Smith, Dave Lawson, Jr.Executive Producer(s):Makan DelrahimWritten by:Richard Bates, Jr.Main Cast:Adrian Grenier, Angela Trimbur, Fionnula Flanagan, AnnaLynne McCord, Matthew Gray Gubler, Sally Kirkland, Ezra Buzzington, Ray Santiago, Molly McCook
About the Director
Richard Bates Jr. is a 2007 graduate of New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. He was the writer/director of Excision (2012) and Suburban Gothic (2014). Trash Fire is his third feature film.10/18/2016 - 7:00pm
- CrowmanUS PremiereShowtime:Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 7:00pmRun Time:15mCountry:ScotlandSynopsis:A dark rite of passage set in rural Scotland where survival is a struggle and contact with the locals leads only to conflict and brutality.Directed By:Duncan NicollProduced By:John FairfieldExecutive Producer(s):Holly Daniel, Carolynne Sinclair & Kidd Paul WelshWritten by:Duncan NicollMain Cast:Liam Brennan, Nathan McHallam, Angus Miller & Stewart Cassidy
About the Director
Duncan graduated with a degree in sculpture from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and went on to direct several animated and live action shorts, including the award winning ‘Block’ and ‘Horsehair’. He has worked extensively in moving image education, and currently makes promotional and short documentary films for a local authority across a wide range of topics.10/19/2016 - 7:00pm
- Fear, Inc.Los Angeles PremiereShowtime:Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 7:00pmRun Time:1 hour 32 minsCountry:USASynopsis:Fear, Inc. follows a company of degenerates who can be hired for a premium to bring your greatest fears to life. But when horror junkie Joe Foster’s customized scare seemingly begins, he and his friends must decide if this company is there to scare them, or make them pawns in their own sick game.Directed By:Vincent MascialeProduced By:Luke Barnett, Vincent Masciale, Natalie Rose Masciale, Heather KasprzakExecutive Producer(s):Bradley Gallo, Michael A. Helfant, Tanner Thomason, Giles Daoust, Frank Masciale, Maxxe Sternbaum, Zack Imbrogno, John Suits, Gabriel CowanWritten by:Luke BarnettMain Cast:Lucas Neff, Caitlin Stasey, Chris Marquette, Stephanie Drake, Mark Moses, Abigail Breslin
About the Director
For the last three years Vincent Masciale has worked with Will Ferrell's website, Funny or Die, to create some of most hilarious viral videos on the internet. On top of parody's of GAME OF THRONES and THE NEWSROOM, he co-created FOD's WALKING DEAD series, THE WALKING FRED, which was nominated for two Streamy Awards. After the success of his short film, FEAR, INC., Masciale spent over a year developing the feature length version that marks his directorial debut. FEAR, INC premiered at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival.10/19/2016 - 7:00pm
- WOLF CREEKWednesday, October 19, 2016 - 8:30pm
Got your ticket? Join us for a cocktail reception at Sid's Bar!
Get tickets to this amazing event by clicking on the GET TICKETS button and submit the form. Come to the WILL CALL table located in the Chinese 6 Theater lobby to check in. Then join us for the PRE PARTY at Sid's Bar located in the theater lobby.
The story of WOLF CREEK begins when an American family is on vacation in Northern Australia and becomes the unsuspecting prey of Mick Taylor, a sadistic serial killer who hunts and kills tourists in the Outback. The sole survivor is Eve Thorogood, a college student, who vows to bring the killer to justice or die in the attempt. WOLF CREEK reveals her complex and extraordinary journey, traveling every step of the way as she evolves from child to adult, from prey to predator. But can she triumph over Mick Taylor, evil incarnate?
Fans don’t sit at the outskirts of pop culture making snarky comments. They live right smack in the middle of it, sharing, creating, and connecting their passions with others. At Pop, fans finally have a destination that celebrates the fun of being a fan. Fans aren’t even fans anymore — they’re gladiators, tributes, human beings and blockheads. Seen in more than 80 million homes, Pop gives fans a dedicated channel that loves being a fan as much as they do. A channel that respects talent over celebrity. A channel filled with optimism, passion, humor, and excitement. A channel that understands the fun doesn’t stop when the credits roll… it’s really just the beginning.
Pop is a joint venture of CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF). The partnership combines CBS’s programming, production and marketing assets with Lionsgate’s resources in motion pictures, television and digitally delivered content. Pop’s ownership structure is comprised of the company with the #1 broadcast network and many of the top first-run syndication series (“Entertainment Tonight,” “The Insider”) and the studio that produces and distributes the blockbuster “Hunger Games,” “Twilight” and “Divergent” franchises and produces such award-winning TV series as “Mad Men” and “Orange is the New Black.”10/19/2016 - 8:30pm
- Johnny Frank Garrett's Last WordLos Angeles PremiereShowtime:Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 7:00pmRun Time:1h 35minCountry:USASynopsis:When a young man is executed for committing murder, he leaves behind a curse letter, promising vengeance for all those connected to his unfair trial.Directed By:Simon RumleyProduced By:Peter Facinelli & Rob DeFrancoExecutive Producer(s):Adam GoldwormWritten by:Ben Ketai (screenplay), Tony Giglio(story) & Marc HaimesMain Cast:Sean Patrick Flanery, Erin Cummings, Mike Doyle & Erin Cummings
About the Director
Simon Rumley was born in 1970 in England. He is a director and writer, known for The ABCs of Death (2012), Red White & Blue (2010) and The Living and the Dead (2006).10/20/2016 - 7:00pm
- The Quiet ZoneLos Angeles PremiereShowtime:Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 7:00pmRun Time:8m 41sCountry:UKSynopsis:A late night commuter confronts a noisy passenger on a train carriage but finds herself trapped in a station with someone - or something - that wants to silence her too. A horror that will grab you by the throat and won't let go. Until you're quiet.Directed By:Andrew IonidesProduced By:Andrew IonidesWritten by:Andrew IonidesMain Cast:Jessica Bayly Kasey Iliana Sfetsios
About the Director
Andrew has written eight award-winning short films and has directed and produced four. In 2011, his directorial debut A BLINDED FATE was screened at BAFTA and nominated in several UK and US film festivals. Andrew has also worked as a Script Analyst for production companies 19 Entertainment, Kudos and BBC Drama. THE QUIET ZONE, Andrew's fourth short film as writer/director, won Best Short at the British Horror Film Festival in 2015 and was nominated at the New York City Horror Film Festival and Leeds International Film Festival for Best Short. Andrew is currently developing two feature films and writing a new horror anthology series with an independent production company.10/20/2016 - 7:00pm
- Happy HuntingWorld PremiereShowtime:Friday, October 21, 2016 - 9:30pmRun Time:1 hour 30 minsCountry:USASynopsis:Warren is a degenerate drifter, scraping by, suffering from debilitating alcohol withdrawals on a daily basis. On his way down to Mexico, he finds himself stranded in Bedford Flats, a one-horse town nestled deep in the American desert. It was a once-prosperous hunting community that has been reduced to an impoverished dust bowl. Unfortunately for Warren, it turns out that the town’s pastime is rounding up drifters and hunting them as part of an elaborate sporting event. To make matters worse, he'll go into alcoholic withdrawal unless he finds a way to stay intoxicated. It all builds to a blood-soaked, live-or-die showdown deep in the desert.Directed By:Joe Dietsch, Louie GibsonProduced By:Bryson Pintard, Jeff KalligheriExecutive Producer(s):Nick Guerra, Stephen Bowen, Steven Garcia, Michael TippsWritten by:Louie Gibson, Joe DietschMain Cast:Martin Dingle Wall, Ken Lally, Kenny Wormald, Conner Williams, Gary Sturm
About the Directors
Louie Gibson graduated from Chapman University with a BFA in film production. Since then he has written and directed for several commercial clients. He co-created the series “Kid Pitch” and “Time Out” for Samsung / Funny or Die in 2015. Happy Hunting is his Feature directorial debut. He is represented by the Gersh Agency.
Joe Dietsch has been working as a director and cinematographer since graduating Chapman University. As a director, his focus has been in the commercial and music video world, as well as a variety of international travel shoots. Happy Hunting is his Feature directorial debut. He is represented by the Gersh Agency.10/21/2016 - 9:30pm
- CharlieLos Angeles PremiereShowtime:Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 12:00pmRun Time:9m 59sCountry:United KingdomSynopsis:Charlie is a story about a London family that prepares for a possible new family member. Ben, Simone and Charlie welcome five-year-old orphan Clair for the weekend. Although Clair is only visiting, she will quickly notice that something is off with these three and that Ben and Simone might not be the perfect new parents she hoped for.Directed By:Clementina LugoProduced By:Francesco VairaExecutive Producer(s):Daisy Gili and Anna MacDonaldWritten by:Maggie DrahovskaMain Cast:Crystal Bennett, Ben Cutler, Sienna Chamberlain, Maisie Donald, and Emijiliana Ellen
About the Director
Venezuelan born Clementina Lugo, studied filmmaking at London Film Academy. During her time in London, Clementina directed two short movies. The first one, also written by her "The Babysitter" a short comedy, and "Charlie" her first horror short movie. Clementina continued expanding her filmmaking abilities and produced two short movies "Deadly Dinner Date" and "147 Feet" short movie.10/22/2016 - 12:00pm
- PigskinLos Angeles PremiereShowtime:Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 12:00pmRun Time:13m 24sCountry:USASynopsis:When high school cheerleader, Laurie, is asked out by the dreamy quarterback, her budding physical attraction is plagued by a grisly manifestation of her own bodily insecurities. As the threat of intimacy closes in, Laurie is pushed headlong into a self-destructive nightmare.Directed By:Jake HammondProduced By:Paula Andrea GonzalezWritten by:Jake Hammond & Nicola NewtonMain Cast:Isadora Leiva, Pablo Gonzalez, Isabella Groff, Julie Moss, Luke Evans
About the Director
Jake Hammond is a recent graduate of the undergrad program at Florida State University's College of Motion Picture Arts. He has always been drawn to the little things in life that make us scared out of our minds. Throughout public schooling, he obsessed over films involving satanic children, child-eating grizzly bears, and masked murderers stabbing babysitters. To many of his peers, this was something that needed psychological attention. But to him, these films helped instill an immense passion. He began to make his own projects in high school and hasn't stopped since. 'Pigskin' is he and his collaborator Nicola Newton's (the cinematographer and co-writer) student thesis film. Jake currently resides in Los Angeles, using his childhood inspir...read more10/22/2016 - 12:00pm
Recent Blog Posts
- SCREAMFEST HORROR FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES FIRST WAVE OF 2016 LINE UP
- ‘Central Intelligence’ Gets Fest Bow Ahead Of Release; Screamfest 2016 Dates Set
- Festival Events - Art Show & Random Fun
- SCREAMFEST Closing Night Awards
- Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension
- 2015 Screenplay Winner - Top 5 - Finalists