CALL FOR ENTRIESThe 2017 submission period for films is closed.
Moviemaker Magazine listed Screamfest as one of the 25 Festivals Worth The Entry Fee
SCREAMFEST HORROR FILM FESTIVAL: OCTOBER 10 - 19th, 2017 TCL CHINESE 6 THEATRES HOLLYWOOD, CA
ALL DEADLINES CLOSE AT 11:59 PM PST
Early Deadline: April 15, 2017
Regular Deadline: July 15, 2017
Final Deadline: August 1, 2017
Extended Deadline: August 15, 2017
|FILM TYPE||EARLY 4/15||REGULAR 7/15||FINAL 8/1||EXTENDED 8/15|
|Feature Film (60 mins +)||$52.00||$57.00||$67.00||$82.00|
|Extended Short Films (Between 26 and 35 mins)||$42.00||$47.00||$57.00||$72.00|
|Short Films (10-25 mins)||$37.00||$42.00||$52.00||$67.00|
|Super Short Films (Under 10 mins)||$32.00||$37.00||$47.00||$62.00|
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2016.
- Premiere status will be one of the factors considered when determining a film’s (shorts & features) inclusion in the Festival. Feature-length films including international features should have a World, North American, US or West Coast premiere. Short films must be an LA premiere.
- Feature films must not have had any public or festival screenings in the Southern California regional area.
- Feature films and short films must not have had any commercial theatrical, television, or internet play in the US.
- Feature films and short films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for festival presentation.
The following are the film length that should determine your film submission type:
- Feature-length fiction and documentary films — 60 minutes or more
- Super Short films — Less than 10 minutes
- Short films — between 10-25 minutes
- Extended-length short films — between 26 and 35 minutes
- Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are eligible for re-submission only if significant changes have been made to the film. A detailed list of the changes must be included in the submission packet.
- For submission purposes, online screeners may be works-in-progress, films with temporary soundtracks or digital outputs. Rough cuts and works-in-progress can only be submitted in the final deadline and if the completed film will be available by September 15th, 2017.
- We will accept links to online versions of your film. You may enter a password protected link for Vimeo or an unlisted or private link for Youtube when completing the submission form.
- Links must remain active and accessible through September 30, 2017.
- Verify that your link is working properly.
- Please do not email us links to new versions of your film after you have completed your submission. We are only able to judge one version of each film.
Payment in US dollars may be made by American Express, Visa, Mastercard or Discover through Paypal online. You may checkout without having a Paypal account.
- Completed submission form, submitted electronically via our website.
- A link to a secured online screener for your film that is accessible until September 30, 2017.
- As applicable, the entry fee(s) for the film submission (see the “Entry Fees” section above), which are payable ONLY by credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
Films selected for the Screamfest Horror Film Festival’s competition sections are eligible for the prestigious skull award designed by the legendary Stan Winston.
Feature films qualify for the following awards:
- BEST PICTURE
- BEST DIRECTOR
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
- BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS
- BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
- BEST ACTOR
- BEST ACTRESS
- BEST MAKEUP
- BEST EDITING
- BEST MUSICAL SCORE
Short films qualify for the following awards:
- BEST SHORT
- BEST STUDENT SHORT
- If your film is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the festival will require:
- Filmmakers must deliver final format (DCP) for festival screenings by October 1st. No exceptions will be permitted.
- For features: DCP (must be DCI compliant)
- For shorts: DCP (must be DCI compliant)
- Production film stills
- Head shot of Director(s)
- Short biography of Director(s)
- Trailer link, synopsis, cast and crew and other film info that you will upload to your film content page.
- Posters and postcards, if available, to promote your film during the festival.
THE SMALL PRINT
- Entry fees are in U.S. Dollars, are per film and are non-refundable. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without refund of any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met including if eligibility status changes post-submission.
- All entries selected into Screamfest grant Screamfest the right to use any footage from the preview screener and all submitted publicity photos and any other materials sent to us pertaining to this entry for Screamfest's promotional purposes, without limitations.
- All DCP's must be picked up after the screening and signed for by the filmmaker. If you attend the festival and fail to retrieve your DCP, you will be responsible for the shipping.